Translate

vrijdag 3 april 2015

Birch in new 'old' pot 03.04.2015

Update 03.04.2015 of my Birch #2.

At long last I did not use my selfmade cement pot for my Birch 'enfant terrible', simply because I did not find the time to finish it on time. I'll keep it in stock and make sure it's ready for usage next spring. So I put the prebonsai Birch in the old oval greenglazed pot I used up until recently for my English Oak (now back in the ground).
Will be trained as a weeping birch, obviously I need to wire and/or put guy wires on. The small secondary trunk will be lowered further, and trained equally in weeping 'style'.
The awkward trunk base is now just a little less awkward in my opinion, I put the tree a bit higher in the substrate so the roots on the right hand side produce a bit more visual counterweight. The visual stress on that bulky trunk base is a bit less. Still a a bit enfant terrible on that part, I dont mind.


Toch mijn zelfgemaakte cementpot niet gebruikt voor mijn enfant terrible van een berk (zachte berk denk ik), wegens niet op tijd afgeraakt. Dan maar in de ovale groengeglazuurde pot waar tot voor kort mijn zomereikje in stond (nu terug naar vollegrond). Wordt naar treurvorm getraind; en moet nu opnieuw bedraad en gespannen worden zoals je ziet, ook het kleine stammetje moet naar omlaag, met treurende takken dan nog. Ja die knoert van een stambasis heb ik in tegenstelling tot divers advies eigenlijk nu nog hoger op het substraat gezet, dan kwamen de wortels onderaan rechts wat meer bloot en dat gaf dan wel net weer wat tegengewicht. Blijft een beetje een enfant terrible op dat vlak hoor. Alé, groei nu maar...




how the tree looked back in 2007/2008

Just last year in spring after I cut back it back to half its size, reduced the trunk thickness to half its size and simply 'crack' the trunk to new position and then let it callus over within a good month or so (packed in wrapping foil)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen