Translate

maandag 19 oktober 2015

Crataegus into dormancy update 18.10.2015

Just an update 18.10.2015 with my Crataegus Monogyna (common, European, hawthorn) that went into dormancy...

Started from nothing more than the trunk and little stumps since 2008. It was collected from a garden hedge in 2006 or 2007 I believe (a bonsaifriend back then who wanted to get rid of it).

Next year late winter I'll look into the primary branches, will I keep all of them as is...can I/should I adjust position, etc. From then on, finally, basic structure has been built, and more refinement can come! The tree is not meant to have a hyper-trimmed japanese style canopy. A bit of roughness, a bit of nonchalance, even the occasional 'bad'looking spiky branches or crossing branchlet is allowed to a certain extent.




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten