Translate

dinsdag 3 januari 2017

Hornbeam - update 3 jan. 2017

Most bonsai artists/adepts/experts or even enthusiasts would have argued this was not suitable material for bonsai purposes. Well, I like to get my hands dirty and I like to make do with what I can get my hands on. It was dug out from a +/- 20yo hedge, in early spring 2012. All branches are built up since then.

Today I picked up the carving that I left a week ago. More refining, then some beeswax on the inside and burn it... After I tried to carve the top branch/apex a bit, I'm now really considering chopping it of and match it with the rest of the top. That would probably also suit the 'veterantree' look. I could use the branch right underneath the current apex to make a new leader/apex.

Next 2 years I'll also keep working on thickening the primary branches by using sacrifice branches.
I'll probably keep it in this container for another year.













Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten