Translate

donderdag 21 september 2017

Two more cheap bonsai turntables

I allready fabricated a turntable from an old office chair, but to have one that can 'lift' a bit higher, I just bought a brand new kitchen bar chair, with adjustable seat height up to 80cm (31,5"). It cost me 23 EUR, that is nothing compared to 200 or 300 EUR for a 'real' bonsai-turntable.

From the package, assembled in 2 minutes (no screws), and then I could fix my new table top directly on the assembled frame. I used concrete plex board, and new boults which I sunk into the surface. Then I used a ecofriendly 'tar' to seal the cut edges and boults. To avoid damaging and rot of the working top I can simply lay on a vinyl top (maybe with velcro) or another smooth thin concrete plex board (0,5cm).

This cost me in total 35 EUR all in, an 1 hour work per table. I made an extra one for a bonsai friend.






4 opmerkingen:

  1. Thats great work man. What is the lowest height of the table? Which store it was BTW?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hello and thank you Maros. A bit of creativity goes a long way. The lowest heigt I did not measure, but it must be about 50 of 55? The type of chair was called 'Flanagan barstoel', it is a bar stool/chair and I bought it at a belgian local furniture store that only has two separate stores in one province in Flanders, Belgium, so not a multinational company like IKEA.

      Verwijderen
    2. Thanks for reply mate. I google it and similar stuff is available in my country as well. I have to check it. Thanks again for great idea.

      Verwijderen