Translate

dinsdag 15 december 2015

Buds of common Alder still in the ground

Update december 14th, 2015, of my common (european) Alder (Alnus Glutinosa).

Yeah, Alnus Glutinosa, I just can't get enough, I just can't get enough...
From 2yr old forestry material, pink-thick 80-100cm, back in 2010 I believe.

Totally in the nude now, a good time for yet another picture (I know, I love em too much).
Within the next 2 seasons this one will really evolve into proper raw material. It is the first year that I am confident it will not take another 5 years to get the desired trunk thickness and a good base for future branches to be built on, because I do prune twice a year and this normally slows back the thickening drastically with a lot of other species.

I am also confident that the trunk base and the rootwork will be decent enough, with Alnus Glutinosa this is quite easy to achieve if kept in the ground for a few years. With this tree I know for sure enough good roots are there. Make sure you plant it back at the same depth/height, otherwise it will rapidly produce new roots at the trunk base, that will grow out to strong roots, if the soil is moist enough there. That can be a good thing, or a bad thing if the overgrow allready good rootsystem underneath.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten