Translate

maandag 27 november 2017

Transplanting a few more embryonal root-over-rock projects

All embryonal root-over-rock bonsai life.

All from seed of a very old wild apple tree in the Walloon part of Belgium, that I collected early january 2016. The few apples I collected were really tiny, no more than 4cm diameter.

After their first year I put the seedlings in baskets or controlled growth in the ground, on top of a rock. Now I inspected them, cleaned them, pruned roots, and planted them all out in the ground for a good few (I actually 'many') years of strong growth. I need them to grow into vigorous raw material with decent trunks. I guess these will take 5 to 10 years before I can even start real training.
I'm an addict for projects like this, with special native species. For one of the young little ones I used a different kind of stone to put it on in the ground (slate - sorry no picture).








Underneath: how they looked in early january 2016...




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten